Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Just wanted to leave a friendly, "Fuck you!"

   Just wanted to throw out a short post today. It's conservatives, doing what they do...acting like they don't actually discriminate against homosexuals. Only this time with more dog whistle. This time, Peter Sprigg is claiming, "Homosexuals already have all the same civil rights as anyone else." Yeah...sure they do. He continues: "But the fact that all people are created equal as individuals does not mean that all sexual behavior is equal or that personal relationships have an equal value to society at large, that serve the same public interests."

   And that earns the big, "Fuck you!" Society is not entitled to a say on my sexual behavior nor my personal relationships. But this is all part of the conservative dog whistle. To people like Sprigg, getting married (and producing a ton of babies) is not a right; it's an obligation to society. (Which makes me wonder just how big of a hypocrite is one of my conservative coworkers who seems to have no interest in ever having children.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man, I was looking through some of my old blog posts and saw that this one needs a correction. Here in 2017, there has FINALLY been action against men who sexually harass women. This has me realizing my comments were too broad. Society is entitled to a say on my sexual behavior when it is non-consensual.

    ReplyDelete